3 beans are better than 2. That’s a fact.
Beans are healthy so why not use 3 to make a tasty wee chilli. Aunty Alison has done just that and here is her delicious recipe for you to try.
Its soooo easy and soooo good. It serves 3-4 and freezes well so you’ll always have a quick healthy dinner for emergencies.
- 1 tbls Olive Oil
- 1 green or red Pepper diced
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder (or to taste depending on strength of chilli)
- 1 x 400g tin Kidney Beans drained
- 1 x 400g tin Chickpeas drained
- 1 x 400g tin Baked Beans
- 1 x 400g tin Tomatoes
- 1 x small tin of corn (or fresh)
- 1 tbls Tomato Purée
- 300 ml Vegetable Stock
A 3 step method:
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry onion for 5 mins then add pepper and fry until beginning to soften.
- Add garlic, cumin, paprika and chilli powder and fry a few minutes.
- Add kidney beans, corn, chickpeas, baked beans, tomatoes and tomato purée and simmer for about 20 mins.