If you don’t like cookies, are you even human?
Using substitute ingredients is the easiest way to eat the things you like without having to run around the block after every bite.
The big swaps here are using oats and either or honey or agave.
You will need the following ingredients:
- 100g porridge oats (not jumbo)
- 90g wholewheat flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbl coconut oil ( can replace with melted butter but if so cut back the salt above)
- 1 leg egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 120g or 8tbl honey or agave
- 40g raisins
Time to get mixing:
- Mix oats, flour baking powder and cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Separate bowl whisk together egg, coconut oil and vanilla extract and then stir in the honey. Then add to the flour mix and stir in the raisins.
- Put mixture in fridge for about 20 mins
- Line a baking sheet and roll in to about 15 balls and flatten slightly on tray
- Bake at 160c 12-15 mins. Leave on backing tray for about 5 mins then cool on wire rack
Enjoy! AA x